Some key findings:
- While 73% of American adults use the internet, that drops to 32% of those over 65.
- More homes have high-speed access (62%) than dial-up (34%).
- While 91% of internet users have sent email, only 8% report ever having blogged (Feb-April 2006). Thirty-nine percent have read someone else’s blog.
- Among internet users, 66% use the internet on a typical day; 53% send email on a typical day.
- Only 4% admit to ever “downloading or sharing adult content online.”
- Sixty-seven percent of internet users have bought something online (as of Sept 2005).
- Twenty-five percent have downloaded music (Dec ’05).